Today, many employers have started shifting their focus to social media screening when carrying out their recruitment exercises. Employers are using this recruitment tool because of its effectiveness to provide them with a glimpse into a potential employee’s personal life. Yes, with a well conducted social media screening, you (as an employer) can always understand who your candidates are and whether or not they are worth hiring.
As effective as this screening campaign is, it’s unfortunate that most employers still struggle to get the most of it. Many of them struggle in the aspect of ethics, legality, and the ability to use the best practices. If you’re also currently experiencing any of these problems, this social media screening post is all you need to get on the right track today.
What exactly is social media screening & how can it benefit your organization?
As the name suggests, social media screening is the process of researching and evaluating your candidate’s online presence. This screening process will assist you in gathering information, which will help you better understand whether or not these people are worth recruiting.
With Social Profiler, you can easily know your candidate’s online behavior, interest, and character on top social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, X (formerly Twitter), Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Quora. When conducted the right way, social media screening can also assist you in identifying certain red flags that could ruin your company’s reputation.
There are tons of benefits associated with using social media screening in your recruitment process; let’s check some of them below:
- First, this screening process is all you need to conduct a comprehensive assessment on your candidates. This review process will help you better understand a candidate’s values, interests, and personality. This way, you can easily pick eligible candidates that have interests and values that align perfectly with those of your organization. If done the right way, this screening process will certainly improve your employee productivity.
- Your candidates certainly provided their education history, previous work history, credit records, amongst others. How exactly do you go about confirming the authenticity of these things? Here’s where the need to conduct social media screening comes into the scene. This screening process, which you can always conduct with Social Profiler, will help you verify your candidate’s information.
- As earlier mentioned, this review process can also assist you in identifying certain red flags that could impact your company. For instance, with deep research, you can easily understand whether or not a particular candidate has inappropriate behavior, discriminates, or does illegal activities. With these red flags, you will find enough reasons not to hire such candidates, since they can affect your reputation.
- Upfront, you may need to pay to enjoy a reliable social media screening service. However, in the long run, you’ll understand that this process is very cost-effective. With Social Profiler, you’ll only get to hire candidates that will uphold your company’s values and culture. This will help you avoid employees that could cost you your reputation.
Best practices for conducting social media screening
- Start by hiring a reliable third-party firm for this screening process. A good example is Social Profiler, a platform that can help you get the most out of your social media screening campaign at an affordable price.
- Ensure that the third party firm understands and utilizes content that aligns with your company’s value, culture, and policies.
- The screening process should only focus on publicly available information of your candidates to avoid legal cases.
- Ensure to document the entire screening process. You’ll certainly need this record during any case of legal disputes.
- Ensure you stay compliant with various hiring ethics and laws in your state.
You can visit Social Profiler today to kick start your organization’s social media screening campaign.