The acronym LMS means Learning Management System, literally a learning management system, software that allows the HR Development and Training departments of each company to have the organizational support necessary to deliver and organize company training in all its aspects.
The functions included in an Learning Management System and their level of complexity may vary based on the level of the software used, however these are generally platforms that allow you to deliver online courses, distribute programs and learning materials, organize and manage training sessions. live or classroom training, evaluate the results achieved by users and archive their training history. The Learning Management System is to be considered as important for end users as it is for HR professionals or for the Development and Training team that will use it as a business tool.
Basics of Learning Management System
The term Learning Management System (LMS) appears frequently in articles that talk about e-learning and Distance Learning (FAD), it is therefore important to understand how a learning management system works and the many advantages it offers.
In this article we will address the main points of interest regarding learning management systems and choosing a suitable LMS platform for your company.
Learning Management System: The ideal solution to optimize Company Training
The most common use of the Learning Management System is to distribute and track online training initiatives. Typically, resources are uploaded to the system which makes them easily accessible remotely to employees, on-boarding staff or managers.
The role of the Learning Management System varies according to the objectives of the company organization, the training strategies and the results to be achieved with respect to the set objectives.
To better understand the functions of the Learning Management System , it is necessary to think of it as a vast archive in which it is possible to carry out, record and keep track of all the information used during the training path. Anyone with a login and password can directly access the training resources online based on the permissions provided by her role.
We can divide the users of Learning Management System they are divided into three categories:
- Employees or members of your organization who use the Learning Management System to participate in online training courses;
- Your Development and Training team that relies on the LMS platform to organize training activities, update content, analyze the success of training programs and user performance.
- Users outside the organization, such as resellers, installers or end customers.
Who Can Benefit From a Learning Management System?
Learning Management Systems are very popular within educational institutions such as universities and schools, but in this article we want to focus above all on the advantages of their adoption in companies of all sizes.
Online training for companies is in fact the most complex and interesting field of application, where Learning Management Systems are asked to make a difference thanks to their ability to adapt to the internal processes of each company and organization.
For example, with the Learning Management System, companies can decide to distribute training content dedicated to different targets:
- Its internal public , for compulsory training, operational and technological updates, company best practices and much more,
- The sales network and external affiliates , simplifying the dissemination of key information for an always effective sales activity
- The final customer or the external public , responding to the public’s growing desire to obtain information from companies and greatly simplifying the help desk and support services activities.
These are some simple hypotheses of using the Learning Management System applied to companies, very useful to clarify that the adoption of a Training Management System cannot be left to chance or to the economic variable alone.
As we will often repeat, it is essential to analyze your organizational and training objectives before choosing a software, since the platforms on the market are often rigid and not very adaptable to complex scenarios.
Advantages of Learning Management System
Again to answer the recurring question “Why should I invest in an LMS?” The following is a brief overview of the benefits of implementing a Learning Management System.
- Savings. To be precise, it saves money and time. In fact, training and development costs and training time are reduced. Training managers also see their training management work greatly simplified.
- Monitoring and Measuring. By measuring, you learn. Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of training has the advantages we mentioned above. These too translate into lower costs, in the long run.
- Uniform training between partners and affiliates – Having a common training model between companies of the same group or actors of the same reality can be an added value.
- Manage presence remotely. An LMS also allows you to conveniently manage on-site training, organizing classroom bookings and attendance registers, for example.
- Where you want, when you want. The classroom has physical and temporal limits that are overcome with distance learning.
- Be more involved. The possibilities for engagement are endless in an LMS environment. Training can be exciting, seeing is believing.
- Be more trained. A user can improve his work performance, because with an LMS he will have more training opportunities, always at hand
eLeaP Learning Management System
In addition to helping businesses and jobs organizations manage, deliver, and track employee training, the eLeaP Learning management system is one of the best learning management systems. Online courses and eLearning content can also be created using the eLeaP Learning Management System. eLeaP Learning Management System provides tools for creating, managing, and tracking employee progress in addition to training materials. In the creation, implementation, and documentation of all your training and e-learning needs, eLeaP LMS software is designed to be your reliable and helpful friend.