Annamalai Kuppuswamy is the president of the Tamil Nadu BJP. He is a former IPS officer of the Karnataka cadre. He had resigned from the IPS in 2019 when he was the DCP of Bengaluru South.
He is already considered a man who could become the CM of Tamil Nadu in the next 15 years. All of DMK’s prominent leaders are shocked by his burgeoning popularity among young people and women. There is also no denying that he has charged the dying BJP state unit.
Annamali is popularly known as the Singham from Karnataka. He was involved in solving many high-profile cases. He had also had astonishing success in managing Bengaluru’s deteriorating law and order situation with innovative policing.
DMK trolls are always after him. They are trolling him and accusing him of getting benefits from the BJP government when he was an IPS officer. Annamali had to respond to this accusation, and he did so in style. Take a look at his response:
Annamalai vs. Udhayanidhi Stalin
BJP supporters in Tamil Nadu project him as a force that will make Udhayanidhi Stalin a tearful entry into politics. Annamalai lost the election while Udhayanaidhi is now an MLA. Yet people compare them.
Date of birth:
Age: 36 years – in 2021
Birthplace: Karur, Tamil Nadu
B. Technique. from PSC College of Technology, Coimbatore
MBA from IIM, Lucknow
Family and relationship:
Married – his wife’s name is not available on the public forum.
Brothers or sisters: AFTER
Interesting and lesser known facts:
- Annamali has said that he considers himself a natural fit for the BJP† He said this in the context of his vision that aligns with that of India’s largest political party.
- He was a 2011 batch IPS officer† His period in Udupi and Chikkamagaluru districts as SP was quite popular.
- He was heavily trolled on Indian social media, especially on Twitter and Instagram. He says don’t worry about trolls and memes as most of them are paid posts from Ukraine and Georgia† Interestingly, many Pakistani accounts criticize him for joining the BJP.
- He failed to overcome the first hurdle in the world of politics and lost the Aravakurichi Assembly Constituency Election.
- The first book of Annamalai – Go beyond Khaki – was recently launched.
- He had donated the first copy of the book to BL Santosh, the Secretary General (Organization) of the BJP and the man who brought him to the saffron group.