Satish Maneshinde is a leading criminal defense attorney based in Mumbai. He is widely regarded as one of the most expensive lawyers in India in the present day. There are many criminal cases whose fate has turned in favor of the accused due to the presence of Satish. It was Satish who saved Rhea Chakraborty in the mysterious Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case.
Satish Maneshinde was born and raised in Dharwad, Karnataka. He had come to Mumbai on occasion in the 1980s and had luckily found a job with the law firm of Ram Jethmalani. He had fought many petty cases for Ram Jethmalani and had slowly become a trusted lieutenant of India’s acclaimed criminal defense attorney.
Satish Maneshinde had been thrust into the limelight when Bala Saheb Thackeary suggested Sunil Dutt hire him for the Sanjay Dutt case in 1993. Sanjay Dutt was involved in the Mumbai Bomb Blast case in 1993. It was Satish who made sure that the charges of terrorism under TADA were legally removed from his name.
Date of birth:
Birthplace: Dharwad, Karnataka
Family and relationship:
Brothers or sisters:
Interesting and lesser known facts:
- There is no fixed rate from Satish Maneshinde as far as his fees are concerned. However, it is generally believed that he charges Rs. 20 lakhs per hearing making it quite expensive?.
- He had also fought the Salman Khan case in the infamous Drunk Driving case.
- He is considered close to Shiv Sena in terms of political alignment.
- He had also fought against the infamous silent Maratha protest case.
- Rhea has said in an interview that Satish had approached her and is fighting her case free of charge. The statement has raised eyebrows, as this is unheard of in a criminal case. However, Satish Maneshinde also issued a statement and said he had NOT approached Rhea about this matter. He said nothing about fees, calling it a matter between him and his client.
- Satish Maneshinde has celebrity status in Dharwad, Karnataka. He also prefers to speak Kannada over Marathi, Hindi or English. He actually speaks all these languages fluently.